This tool, represented by a magic wand, allows you to make a selection by selecting a point of color. It will select any contiguous areas of a similar color to the one you selected. You can adjust the "fuzziness" of the tool in the tool options dock. A lower number will select colors closer to the color that you chose in the first place.
Hotkeys and Stickykeys
- R sets the selection to 'replace' in the tool options, this is the default mode.
- A sets the selection to 'add' in the tool options.
- S sets the selection to 'subtract' in the tool options.
- Shift+Left-Mouse-Click sets the subsequent selection to 'add'. You can release the Shift key while dragging, but it will still be set to 'add'. Same for the others.
- Alt+Left-Mouse-Click sets the subsequent selection to 'subtract'.
- Ctrl+Left-Mouse-Click sets the subsequent selection to 'replace'.
- Shift+Alt+Left-Mouse-Click sets the subsequent selection to 'intersect'.
This page was last modified on 25 June 2015, at 13:17. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.