|This is a new page, currently under construction!|
The Layers docker is for one of the core concepts of Krita: Layer Management. You can add, delete, rename, duplicate and do many other things to layers here.
The layer stack
You can select the active layer here. Using
and you can select multiple layers and drag-and-drop them.
You can also change the visibility, edit state, alpha inheritance and rename layers. You can open and close groups, and you can drag and drop layers, either to reorder them, or to put them in groups.
- An eye-icon. Clicking this can hide a whole layer.
- Edit State (Or layer Locking)
- A lock Icon. Clicking this will prevent the layer from being edited, useful when handling large amounts of layers.
- Alpha Lock
- This will prevent the alpha of the layer being edited. In more plain terms: This will prevent the transparency of a layer being changed. Useful in colouring images.
- Pass-through mode
- Only available on Group Layers, this allows you to have the blending modes of the layers within affect the layers outside the group. Doesn't work with masks currently, therefore these are striked-through on group layers set to pass-through.
- Alpha Inheritance
- This is kinda difficult to explain. Basically, this will use the alpha of all the peers of this layer as a transparency mask. (This WILL need and image)
|Group layers and Vector Layers do not have an Alpha inheritance icon, however, you can get this functionality in them: Go into the layer properties and untick the 'Alpha' channel. This will have the same effect! In 126.96.36.199 this is fixed.|
- Open or Close Layers
- (A Plus or Minus Icon) This will allow you to access sub-layers of a layer. Seen with masks and groups.
These are buttons for doing layer operations.
- Will default add a Paint Layer, but using the little arrow, you can call a submenu with the other layer types.
- Will Duplicate the active layer.
- Move layer up.
- Will move the active layer up.
- Move layer down.
- Will move the active layer down.
- Move layer into group.
- Move Layer out of group
- Layer properties.
- Will open the layer properties window.
- Will delete the active layer. For safety reasons, you can only delete visible layers.
This will set the Blending Mode of the layer.
Layer Docker Mode
There's several ways of view the layers in the layers stack:
- Minimal View
- Detailed View
Hot keys and Sticky Keys
- shift and ctrl for selecting multiple layers.
- ctrl+e for merging a layer down. This also merges selected layers, layer styles and will keep selection masks in tact. Using Ctrl+E on a single layer with a mask will merge down the mask into the layer.
- ins for adding a new layer.
- alt+left mouse click for isolated view of a layer.
- shift+left mouse click on the eye-icon for hidding all but the current layer.
- Page Up and Page Down for switching between layers.
This page was last modified on 28 August 2015, at 12:32. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.