Pattern Editing Tool
The Pattern editing tool works on Vector Shapes that use a Pattern fill. On these shapes, The Pattern Editing Tool allows you to change the size, ratio and origin of a pattern.
You can change the origin by click dragging the upper node, this is only possible in Tiled mode.
You can change the size and ratio by click-dragging the lower node. There's no way to constrain the ratio in on-canvas editing, this is only possible in Original and Tiled mode.
There's several tool options with this tool, for fine-tuning:
First there's the Pattern options.
- Repeat: This can be set to
- Original: This will only show one, unstretched, copy of the pattern.
- Tiled(Default): This will let the pattern appear tiled in the x and y direction.
- Stretch: This will stretch the Pattern image to the shape.
- Reference point: pattern origin. This can be set to
- Reference Point Offset: For extra tweaking, set in percentages.
- X: offset in the X coordinate, so horizontally.
- Y: offset in the Y coordinate, so vertically.
- Tile Offset: No clue what this does???
- Pattern Size: Fine Tune the resizing of the pattern.
- W: The width, in pixels.
- H: The height, in pixels.
And then there's Patterns, which is a mini pattern docker, and where you can pick the pattern used for the fill.
This page was last modified on 24 July 2015, at 18:03. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.