I hadn't realised. I've fixed that now. We made a conscious decision not to translate the translator contribution pages, since anyone doing translations needs to have a good understanding of English. If there are any places where you feel there is a strong argument that a translator page needs translating, we can discuss it.
I think the footer part should be completely translated. there are currently 3 sentences are still in english:
* Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 3.0 and the GNU Free Documentation License 1.2.
* KDE® and the K Desktop Environment® logo are registered trademarks of KDE e.V. * Legal
Those two are part of the skin, so not editable by me, and no developer is available at the moment to investigate the possibility. I will not this issue down as one to consider at the sprint in early June.
ok. one more question: are the developers are volunteers so that everyone can contribute? Since I'm almost a 3rd yr computer science student and have set up a few websites and have a background of php in which the MediaWiki is written in. So I'm here if needed.
You are most definitely needed. Neverendingo is our sysop, and he needs php-skilled people to help in various areas. Probably you would need to set up your own mediawiki site to experiment on, then take a copy of our skin. When you think you have the solution it should be tested on our sandbox, after which neverendingo would apply it to the actual skin. You should contact kde-www, either by email mailto:"kde-www" <[email protected]> or on IRC, channel #kde-www.
the following part is expected to be translated:
This page is a translated version of a page Quick Start and the translation is 100% complete.
(you may find it on a translated version of any page )
Where did you see a problem with this one? I changed my system language then went to a translated page, and the message changed to the system language - "Diese Seite übersetzen; Diese Seite wurde bearbeitet, nachdem sie zuletzt zur Übersetzung markiert wurde." No manual translation is required.
where the language code is zh-cn. Also when you set language as zh-cn(at least), "*Chinese (China)* • Chinese (Taiwan)" under the "other language" section is not translated neither.
also, what displays in the tile bar is expected to be consistent to Page_display_title field in the page content. it's good for SEO and user.
I have only become aware of this in the last few days. It is a major job to tackle all pages, so for the moment I will concentrate on Manual pages and others likely to be converted to docbook. The rest can follow later.
hi andrea, the title-bar problem seems still not solved. One more problem comes out: when you visit [a category webpage in non-English], the contents is all in English and a user not knowing English will hesitate and feel frustrated...then, the problem goes severe...
The content of the Category page is taken directly from the pages involved. The fact that they are mostly in English is probably because Qiii2006 translated them before we had localised categories. Try this. Go to one of those pages and change the Category statement on the translated page. You should see the Chinese version appear on the Category page.
Last edit: 14:02, 10 April 2011
what I gave you is the Chinese version... You may also want to check ukrainian version.
It's all about the title in the title bar. The heading in the page is not consistent/the_same to the titlebar. So the title showed in the category page is what shows in the title bar rather than the heading in the page content.