Starting Orca Screenreader
When orca is properly installed Plasma offers two ways to start it.
Plasma offers by default a shortcut to start the screenreader. After you loggend in press Meta+Alt+S to turn turn the screenreader on or off.
To autostart orca after login:
- Go to KDE Control center
- Go To Section "Accessibility"
- Go to Tab "Screenreader"
- Check "Screenreader enabled" checkbox
- TODO enable eZoom plugin in KWin
Accessing the application launcher
- Alt+F1 opens the K-Menu Application launcher just fine.
- Alt+D is for configuring the Application launcher doesn't work but brings up KRunner.
The system tray is currently not accessible
- Ctrl + number switches to a virtual desktop. Use for example Ctrl+1 to access the first virtual desktop.
- Configuring virtual desktops: TODO
The lock screen is accessible.
- Ctrl-Alt-L locks the screen
- Use Tab to navigate the lock screen when active. There is one text edit for the password (type your password and press enter to unlock).
- There are some additional buttons for shutdown and reboot.
- The username is a list that can be navigated with the left and right arrow keys to switch between users and start new sessions.