The Context pane is a panel to which you can add various applets which offer information and media on the current music. A connection to the Internet is required for the most useful use of these little applications, which will fetch lyrics, information, photos, videos, and even guitar or bass tabs, depending on which applets you choose to display.
Using The Context Pane
Pictured is the Context Pane when no track is playing. If hidden, useto display. The pane is divided in two parts:
- The applet panel itself, where you can interact with some of the applets, such as editing lyrics or changing settings.
- The lower portion of the panel, where you can expand and collapse applets and manipulate them in various ways once you click the Configure Applets icon (Wrench Icon).
Once you click thethe lower portion of the Context Pane changes slightly; each applet tab gets a red X icon that you can click to remove it from the Context Pane, and there is a new green plus icon which allows you to add new applets. To change the applet display order, click the tabs and drag them around the bar.
There are several applets available to dock in your Context Pane; below is a description of each.
- : Information about the current track. You may rate it by clicking on the stars, add a position marker, or edit track metadata.
- : Fetches artists similar to the one you're currently listening to, with a short description and options to find them in your collection, or on Last.fm, and add to your current playlist.
- : Displays upcoming events that involve the current artist or group. You can set a venue locale to be watched by entering the applet settings and narrowing it down under the Favorites section.
- : Wikipedia page for the track or artist. Also browse other Wikipedia links, and use the back button to go back to the starting page.
- Enter. Suggested Labels are user-contributed tags from Last.fm. : View, add and edit Labels for the current song. To add a Label just type it in the text box and press
- : Shows several videoclip matches from Youtube for the current track.
- : Fetches and displays guitar and bass tabs (if available). Not editable.
- Script Manager. : Displays the lyrics of the song that is currently playing. Add or change lyrics scripts in the
- : View albums from the current artist or band that are available in your local Collection.
- : This applet queries flickr.com for pictures of the band you're listening to. Open the settings to add more keywords to your query (e.g.: live in tokyo).
- : Shows info about the current media source and open internet services such as Librivox.org.
[Under construction - please make this into a table, rather than a list.]