|This is a new page, currently under construction!|
Why "Author", when we already have "Words"?
Words is a multi-purpose tool, but authors tell us that writing a novel or textbooks needs some specialised tools. Author is designed to meet those specialised needs.
- Word-count in the status bar # include statistics-in-statusbar.png ?
Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen writes distraction-free
- Annotations (Notes) - you can select passages and add annotations. Editors and reviewers can add comments to the annotations.
- Export to DOCX format is available.
Export concentrates on EPUB2, the standard used in many publishing houses, and MOBI, the format used for Amazon Kindle devices.
Planned developments include:
- Export to EPUB3 (already progressing)
- A navigation docker
- A range of section separators
- Wiki export and import
- Import of styles from an existing document.
To learn more of these plans, read [Calligra Author - The Next Step]
|Most of the functionality of Author is, or soon will be, available within Words, although less prominently.|
Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.