(Updating text as a stable, KF5-based version got released)
(Updating version number of stable release from 0.8.1 to 0.9)
|Line 8:||Line 8:|
The [https://download.kde.org/stable/KBibTeX/0./kbibtex-0..tar.xz.mirrorlist stable version 0.] is KDE Frameworks 5-based. In case you are still using KDE4, please use [https://download.kde.org/stable/KBibTeX/kbibtex-0.7.tar.xz.mirrorlist version 0.7].
Latest revision as of 08:36, 14 August 2019
KBibTeX is a bibliography editor for KDE and is most often used in conjunction with Kile. KBibTeX's primary file format is BibTeX as known from LaTeX, but other formats such as RIS, PDF, or RTF can be imported and exported.
KBibTeX allows you to do the following things:
- Enter a preamble that defines how special text should be formatted in your bibliography using menu item or Main Toolbar.
- Choose an entry encoding during Save as operations or on the File Settings panel.
- Enter comments that are not taken in regard by BibTeX using menu item or Main Toolbar.
- Preview and save bibliography entries in various formats (BibTeX, RIS, Wikipedia, ...) using panel. Additional preview styles become available when bibtex2html is installed.
- Search for the bibliography entries data in online databases like Google Scholar, Springer Link, or arXiv using panel.
- View local or remote (online) resources (such as PDF files or web pages) linked in the BibTeX entry using panel.
- Find and merge duplicate entries in bibliography using menu item or Main Toolbar.
There is a dedicated page on the development of KBibTeX.