This page is a translated version
of the page KBibTeX
and the translation is 100% complete.
||KBibTeX for KDE4
||KBibTeX for KDE Frameworks 5
KBibTeX is a bibliography editor for KDE and is most often used in conjunction with Kile. KBibTeX's primary file format is BibTeX as known from LaTeX, but other formats such as RIS, PDF, or RTF can be imported and exported.
Currently, there is a stable version for KDE4 (0.7, still KDE4-based), for which most Linux distributions include packages for easy installation. A pre-release for the next stable release (0.8-rc1, finally KDE Frameworks 5-based) is also available.
KBibTeX allows you to do the following things:
- Enter a preamble that defines how special text should be formatted in your bibliography using menu item or Main Toolbar.
- Choose an entry encoding during Save as operations or on the File Settings panel.
- Enter comments that are not taken in regard by BibTeX using menu item or Main Toolbar.
- Preview and save bibliography entries in various formats (BibTeX, RIS, Wikipedia, ...) using bibtex2html is installed. panel. Additional preview styles become available when
- Search for the bibliography entries data in online databases like Google Scholar, Springer Link, or arXiv using panel.
- View local or remote (online) resources (such as PDF files or web pages) linked in the BibTeX entry using panel.
- Find and merge duplicate entries in bibliography using menu item or Main Toolbar.
There is a dedicated page on the development of KBibTeX.
This page was last modified on 28 May 2018, at 17:50. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.