|KPhotoAlbum is a tool which you can use to easily sort your images. It provides many capabilities to make sorting and viewing images easy.|
Earlier versions of KPhotoAlbum were released under the name "KimDaBa". Stable releases are always announced on our news page.
KPhotoAlbum supports all the normal image formats including raw formats produced by most digital cameras and scanners (using dcraw to do the decoding). It is also possible to use the thumbnails embedded in raw images (that are usually of decent size and quality) for fast viewing so there is no need to decode the whole raw image.
Source packages, binaries for various distros, and snapshots are available from the project Download page.
KPhotoAlbum on Live systems
KPhotoAlbum is available in Neon:
- User Edition has the latest release
- Developer Edition (stable branch) has the 5.x branch.
Most of the time, this should be the same as unstable, but when new features are developed they only arrive in stable after the roughest edges have been smoothed out.
- Developer Edition (unstable branch) has the master branch of kphotoalbum.
- Image::Kimdaba is a perl module available on CPAN which parses the index.xml database.
- Another way to extend KPhotoAlbum is to write KIPI plugins (that are used also by other KDE photo applications). These plugins provide functions like exporting images to websites like Flickr, Picasa, Facebook, ... correcting exif date stamps or doing some other image manipulations. (KPhotoAlbum by itself does not touch the original files at all but preserves them intact).
- Other useful scripts are available from Wes Hardaker's site
- Patches and features awaiting approval or implementation - Please use bugs.kde.org for that.
Help develop KPhotoAlbum
If you are interested in helping the KPhotoAlbum development or related projects, please look at this project page. Or, if you have an idea for a feature, please see the Feature Requests section, below.
Known Bugs and feature requests
See the list of Known Bugs and workarounds in KPhotoAlbum.
Please use bugs.kde.org marking the report as a "Wish".