The development of KPhotoAlbum started in 2003 with the name KimDaBa (for K image Data Base) by Jesper Pedersen. KiPi support was added in 2004. In 2006, Tuomas Suutari a sponsored [google summer of code student], implemented a new sql based database.
In 2016, KPhotoAlbum was ported to qt5/kf5.
Stable releases are always announced on our news page.
KPhotoAlbum supports all the normal image formats including raw formats produced by most digital cameras and scanners (using dcraw to do the decoding). It is also possible to use the thumbnails embedded in raw images (that are usually of decent size and quality) for fast viewing so there is no need to decode the whole raw image.
Source packages, binaries for various distros, and snapshots are available from the project Download page.
KPhotoAlbum is available in Neon:
- User Edition has the latest release
- Developer Edition (stable branch) has the 5.x branch.
Most of the time, this should be the same as unstable, but when new features are developed they only arrive in stable after the roughest edges have been smoothed out.
- Developer Edition (unstable branch) has the master branch of kphotoalbum.
- Image::Kimdaba is a perl module available on CPAN which parses the index.xml database.
- Another way to extend KPhotoAlbum is to write KIPI plugins (that are used also by other KDE photo applications). These plugins provide functions like exporting images to websites like Flickr, Picasa, Facebook, ... correcting exif date stamps or doing some other image manipulations. (KPhotoAlbum by itself does not touch the original files at all but preserves them intact).
- Other useful scripts are available from Wes Hardaker's site
- Patches and features awaiting approval or implementation - Please use bugs.kde.org for that.
帮助开发 KPhotoAlbum ==
New Ideas for Future Versions
- KDE official documentation
- KPhotoAlbum homepage
- KPhotoAlbum news
- Wikipedia article
- KPhotoAlbum phabricator project
- KPhotoAlbum git repository