This page is a translated version
of the page KRename
and the translation is 5% complete.
||A utility to rename multiple files
KRename is a tool to rename files easily.
- Rename large numbers of files
- Rename files, by simply adding a sequence of numbers or changing case
- Plugins can be used to rename files using metadata from images, movies, music and more
- Starting in the Files tab, Add the files to be renamed.
- If a file is not wanted, click Remove
- Click Remove All to start over
- In the Destination tab, choose the action to be performed on the files
- Rename the files, leaving them in the original folder
- Copy the files to another folder, renaming them. The original files are left untouched
- Move the files to another folder, renaming them
- Create symbolic links in another folder. The links use the naming method requested, the original files untouched
- The plugins tab lists the plugins available
- Available plugins are listed in the box on the left. Choosing a plugin displays the tags that are available when renaming files
- Choose the naming scheme to use when renaming files
- For Prefix and Suffix, choose Number or Date to add each to the beginning or end of the filename. A custom string may be entered in the box next to the drop-down list
- Choose an option for the Filename or Extension. Using Custom allows the use of the tags provided by plugins
- If using numbers, choose a starting and ending range
- The box at the bottom is a preview of the renamed file
- Click Finish to perform the renaming operation
- Original author: Dominik Seichter <domseichter AT web.de>
- Current maintainer: Heiko Becker <heirecka at exherbo dot org>
This page was last modified on 25 December 2018, at 18:50. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.