|KWrite is a straightforward text editor with some very useful features|
KWrite is the little cousin of the text-editing duo. It is, none-the-less, capable of use as a programming editor. If you need a more complex editor, take a look at Kate.
Some useful features:
- Line numbers can be displayed
- User-definable indentations
- User-definable tabulation
- Line-wrap can be dynamic or user-defined static
- It can colorise programming syntax for several languages
- It has Undo and Redo options
- There is an excellent search and replace functionality, including reverse searching
- Spell-checking can be enabled
Keyboard shortcuts are provided for almost every requirement.
Read more about Kate and KWrite on the project's web pages.