||Karbon is a vector graphics application for Calligra
Karbon is a vector drawing application with an user interface that is easy to use, highly customizable and extensible. That makes Karbon a great application for users starting to explore the world of vector graphics as well as for artists wanting to create breathtaking vector art.
- Loading support for ODG, SVG, WPG, WMF, EPS/PS
- Writing support for ODG, SVG, PNG, PDF, WMF
- Customizable user interface with freely placable toolbars and dockers
- Layer docker for easy handling of complex documents including preview thumbnails, support for grouping shapes via drag and drop, controlling visibility of shapes or locking
- Advanced path editing tool with great on-canvas editing capabilities
- Various drawing tools for creating path shapes including a draw path tool, a pencil tool as well as a calligraphy drawing tool
- Gradient and pattern tools for easy on-canvas editing of gradient and pattern styles
- Top notch snapping facilities for guided drawing and editing (e.g. snapping to grid, guide lines, path nodes, bounding boxes, orthogonal positions, intersections of path shapes or extensions of lines and paths)
- Includes many predefined shapes including basic shapes like stars, circle/ellipse, rectangle, and image
- Artistic text shape with support for following path outlines (i.e. text on path)
- Complex path operations and effects like boolean set operations, path flattening, rounding and refining as well as whirl/pinch effects
- Extensible by writing plugins for new tools, shapes and dockers
There is normally no need to download Karbon, install it by means of your distribution. For example with openSUSE 12.2, open a console and enter
zypper in calligra-karbon
SVG Tiger loaded in Karbon14
See more screenshots here.
Hints, Tips and Tutorials
- Using the Artistic Text Shape is a tutorial that shows how to get started with the artistic text shape that is available in all KOffice applications.
This page was last modified on 14 October 2014, at 10:12. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.