The Project Bin
The Project Bin is a view in Kdenlive which lists all the clips that are associated with the project. In earlier versions of Kdenlive this view was known as the Project Tree. See the example below for a comparison of the older Project Tree and the newer Project Bin. In addition to the new name, versions 15.04 and higher introduced two new options to the view's toolbar. The list following the example describes the options represented by the icons on the toolbar (identified by the numbers in the screenshots).
Project Bin Toolbar Options:
1. Opens the Project Folder in a window for selecting video and audio clips to be added to the bin.
2. Displays a drop down list for adding other clip types to the Project Bin.
- Add Clip
- Add Color Clip
- Add Slideshow Clip
- Add Title Clip
- Add Template Title
- Online Resources
3. Allows you to add folders to the Project Bin. These are not actual file system folders but virtual folders to help you organize large Project Bins. Create Folder
4. Deletes the selected clip from the Project Bin (but not from the file system).
5. Brings up additional options shown below for customizing the Project Bin view .
6. A search box to display all the clips in the bin whose filenames or titles contain the entered text.
7. Number of times this clip is used in the project timeline
Clips can be dragged from the Project Bin to the Timeline.
Project Bin - Right-Click Menu
The images below show the menu items available when you right-click a clip in the Project Bin.
The menu items which appear when you right-click on an item in the Project Bin are also available from the Project Menu.
- Extract Audio
- Clip Jobs > Stabilize
- Clip Jobs > Automatic Scene Split
- Clip Jobs > Duplicate Clip with speed change
- Clip Jobs > Analyse Keyframes
- Clip in Timeline
- Locate Clip
- Reload Clip
- Duplicate Clip
- Proxy Clip
- Clip Properties
- Edit Clip
- Delete Clip