Kexi/Handbook/Kexi Basics/Opening an existing Kexi database file/Opening a database file in the Open Existing Project dialog
Opening a database file in the Open Existing Project dialog
- Run Kexi. You should see the Choose Project startup dialog. Choose tab. You will see the following dialog:
- From Current location drop down box, pick a folder containing a file you are looking for.
- You can either pick a file or enter its name in the Location: box.
- Click .
- By default the Filter: drop down list has selected. In case the file you are looking for has an other extension, you can change the selection of the Filter: drop down list to to display all available files (regardless of an extension).
- If you have selected a file of an external type, like a MS Access .mdb file, Kexi will provide you with the option to import the file.
- If you have selected a connection data file (with .kexic extension) or a shortcut to a project on database server file (with .kexis extension), Kexi will display appropriate dialogs.
Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.