- CAUTION! Be aware that beta testing is potentially dangerous to your installation. Don't install beta versions on production systems. If you are aware of the risks and that's ok for you: Keep on. Your help is appreciated. Nevertheless, especially for beta versions goes: This software comes with no warranty at all!
- Before starting beta testing it's a good idea to make a backup of your configuration, stored in ~/.kde/share/config/konversationrc, and your application data, stored in ~/.kde/share/apps/konversation.
- If you found a bug or have a feature request, let us know by filing it in the KDE Bug Tracker.
- Qt v4.6.0 or higher.
- kdelibs from KDE v4.4.3 or higher.
- kdepimlibs from KDE v4.4.0 or higher.
- Phonon from KDE v4.4.0 or higher or Qt v4.6.0 and higher.
- Optional: Qt Cryptographic Architecture (QCA) v2.0.0 or higher for encryption support (Blowfish).
- kdebase-runtime from KDE v4.4.0 or higher.
- Optional: A QCA provider plugin providing Diffie-Hellman key exchange and Blowfish ECB/CBC support for the encryption features; usually that plugin is qca-ossl.
- Optional: An installation of KDE's Konsole terminal emulator to provide the KPart component used by the console tabs feature.
- Optional: Python and Perl interpreters as well the bash shell for bundled scripts.
Manual checkout and update
KDE 4 version
To install latest Konversation from Git you first need to clone the repository. For read-only public access, use the following:
git clone git://anongit.kde.org/konversation
If on the other hand you have a KDE developer account, use this instead to be able to push your changes to the repository later:
git clone [email protected]:konversation
After having cloned the repository, go on like this:
cd konversation mkdir build cd build cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debugfull .. make sudo make install
If you already did the above, just do the following whenever you want to update your checkout and installation:
cd konversation; git pull; cd build; make; sudo make install
See the links at the bottom of this page for more information on working with Git.
KDE 3 version
See the separate page.
- ArchLinux users can use the live PKGBUILD available on the ArchLinux page.
- Gentoo maintains a live ebuild for Konversation in the kde overlay.