Kopete is a flexible and extendable multiple protocol instant messaging system designed as a plugin-based system.
All protocols are plugins and allow modular installation, configuration, and usage without the main application knowing anything about the plugin being loaded.
The goals of Kopete are to provide users with a standard and easy to use interface between all of their instant messaging systems, but at the same time also providing developers with the ease of writing plugins to support a new protocol.
- Needs a techbase link for moved Kopete+SVN page
- Lynucs.org's Kopete screenshots
- Kopete screenshots by Will Stephenson
- Some Kopete shots from KDE 3.2 preview
- list - talk to the developers
- irc.kde.org, #kopete
Kopete FAQ (Kopete Documentation)
- Kopete Protocols Overview
- MSN Messenger
- Novell ~np~GroupWise~/np~
- Skype Plugin
Links needed for each of these - some of which don't exist on kde.wiki.org
- Download Icons, chat window style...
- How to make chat window style for Kopete <= 0.11 / KDE 3.5
- How to make chat window style for Kopete 0.11.50 or after
((Kopete Development)) ((KopeteTestPlan|Kopete testing plan - draft)) ((Kopete XHTML+CSS|New style engine for Kopete with HTML+CSS)) ((Kopete Jabber Jingle|Work about Jingle - Audio Jabber or GoogleTalk))
Move this section to Techbase?
Copyright and License
copyright (c) Author(s), 2002-2005 licensed under LGPL (libkopete) and GPL (protocols, plugins, ...)