Hello! Welcome to this tutorial about how to use Kopete in combination with Jabber (or XMPP, these words are just synonymes) to chat with your colleagues or friends.
Follow the steps in the listed tutorial pages to setup a working jabber client:
- Page 1: About Jabber/XMPP
- A short summary how Jabber works and introduction to the tutorial.
- Page 2: First steps
- Where to get Kopete from and how to install it.
- Page 3: Create your Jabber account
- How to create a Jabber account on a jabber server using Kopete.
- Page 4: Fill in your account data in Kopete
- Explanation of configuring Kopete to use your account.
- Page 5: Adding friends
- How to add and authenticate your contacts.
- Page 6: Messaging and sending files
- How to do messaging with Kopete and an explanation of how to send files through Jabber. Groupchat is also explained.
- Page 7: Useful configuration hints
- Explanation of useful settings that can be made in Kopete and how to use a couple of plugins, especially OTR.
- Page 8: More info on Kopete
- How to report bugs, get more help etc.
- Page 1 - About Jabber/XMPP →
Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.