Select a rectangular area
This tool, represented by a rectangle with a dashed border, allows you to make a selection of a rectangular area. Simply click and drag around the section you wish to select.
Hotkeys and Stickykeys
- Ctrl+R selects this tool.
- R sets the selection to 'replace' in the tool options, this is the default mode.
- A sets the selection to 'add' in the tool options.
- S sets the selection to 'subtract' in the tool options.
- Shift after starting the selection, constraints it to a perfect square.
- Ctrl after starting the selection, makes the selection resize from center.
- Alt after starting the selection, allows you to move it.
- Shift+Left-Mouse-Click sets the subsequent selection to 'add'. You can release the Shift key while dragging, but it will still be set to 'add'. Same for the others.
- Alt+Left-Mouse-Click sets the subsequent selection to 'subtract'.
- Ctrl+Left-Mouse-Click sets the subsequent selection to 'replace'.
- Shift+Alt+Left-Mouse-Click sets the subsequent selection to 'intersect'.
|So to subtract a perfect square, you do Alt+Left-Mouse-Click, then release the Alt key while dragging and press Shift to constrain.|
This page was last modified on 25 June 2015, at 13:05. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.