- 1 Причини спробувати Kubuntu
- 2 Приготування носія для встановлення
- 2.1 Перевірка MD5SUM
- 2.2 Windows 7/8
- 2.3 Наявна встановлена версія Kubuntu
- 2.4 Інші дистрибутиви Linux
- 2.5 Install Process
Причини спробувати Kubuntu
There are many good reasons to install Kubuntu, such as:
- Kubuntu makes your PC easier to use.
- Kubuntu is an operating system built by a friendly worldwide team of expert developers. It contains all the applications you need, including a web browser, office suite, media apps, instant messaging, in addition to many others. For a list of the included software, see the Software page.
- Kubuntu is a free, open-source alternative to Windows and Mac OS X.
- It can be easily installed alongside, or instead of, Windows.
Приготування носія для встановлення
Doing this will ensure that your download is complete and that it has given you a fully working ISO to boot, which can be later installed from.
З Windows XP -> 7 -> 8 -> 10
Microsoft Windows does not have any built in tools for MD5SUM but they do provide a tool for checking the MD5SUM. How-To-Geek also provides some information regarding MD5SUM reading material or Cygwin can be installed and unix utilities used instead.
Open the Terminal app, then navigate to the directory where the ISO is saved. Run:
md5 -r kubuntu-15.10-desktop-amd64.iso
І порівняти виведене значенн із сторінкою хешів дял файла ISO.
Список хешів Ubuntu наведено тут.
З Ubuntu Linux
The first thing to do is to make sure you're in the directory with the .iso file (It will most likely be found in the Downloads directory). Then run the command 'md5sum': For more a more detailed explanation of MD5SUM: 
Програмою з графічним інтерфейсом є UNetBootin.
You can use UNetBootin to download the ISO(image file) automatically or it can be downloaded: Get Kubuntu.
If you choose the 'Diskimage' option you use thebutton to select your downloaded ISO. Then click .
Наявна встановлена версія Kubuntu
For a GUI (Graphic User Interface) we use UNetBootin.
You can use UNetBootin to download the ISO(image file) automatically or it can be downloaded here: Get Kubuntu.
Using the command line we use the 'dd' command.
Insert your USB drive into your computer and find the corresponding drive using:
Then format the USB drive with the 'dd' command:
sudo dd if=Downloads/kubuntu-15.04-desktop-amd64.iso of=/dev/sdX
For making a DVD we recommend this KDE tool called k3b, which can be found here.
Look for, click it and then pick from the list of actions.
Then you select the image (iso) that you want to burn to the DVD from your computer.
Інші дистрибутиви Linux
На основі GNOME
For a GUI (Graphic User Interface) we use UNetBootin.
You can use UNetBootin to download the ISO(image file) automatically or it can be downloaded through Get Kubuntu.
If your using a Linux Distribution that uses KDE you can follow the Kubuntu instructions as K3b is provided in every KDE based distribution.
First, you will need to download Kubuntu. See Get Kubuntu
When the installer starts you will see these options:
- Try out Kubuntu without changing anything on your computer.
- Install Kubuntu on your computer.
For the best result, ensure that:
- Your computer has enough room for Kubuntu and your data (your songs, pictures, videos, and documents).
- Your computer is connected to the Internet so that you can download updates and third-party software during the installation of Kubuntu.
Ubuntu Philosophy, but is safe for use on your system.includes software that either does not follow the Open Source model or the
will ensure that you have the latest bug and security fixes included and applied once the installation is complete.
This is where you choose how to organize your hard drive. This step is the most complicated and consequential in the entire installation process, so take your time.
The following sections are some possible installation scenarios you might choose. Each of these choices points to a page or series of pages with more details. For each option (except Manual), the installer asks which hard drive to use. After choosing, you will see a before and after layout on that hard drive.
This will resize the partitions for you and install Kubuntu on the free space. With this option you can create what is called a dual-boot and choose which OS to boot into at startup.
Use entire disk
Using this option the installer will create two partitions on your hard drive; one for most of the content, including the root and home directories, and one partition for the swap.
Use entire disk and set up LVM
More about LVM
Use entire disk and set up encrypted LVM
More about encrypted file systems
When usingto set up your system as you would like it, keep these thoughts in mind:
- The root ( / ) directory needs at least 25 GB of space.
- The home ( /home ) directory needs as much space as you will need for your files, music, pictures and documents. So it is best to use the remaining space for the home partition, unless you are going to have a dual boot.
- Swap space of at least half of the available RAM is recommended. For instance, with 8 GB of RAM, you should make the swap have at least 4 GB.
For more detailed information regarding the Disk Setup of a Linux system you can check the DiskSpace page.
During this step you get to pick the Region where you live and then the Timezone of the location in that Region. An example would be that I live in New York, so my Region is North America and my Timezone is New York (EST).
This is the step that will set up your keyboard's language or, if applicable, a different version of the language. For example, there is a Cherokee American English setting as well as different setups with special keys used in certain languages; in Kubuntu we try to make the use of the system easy for everyone!
At this step of the installation you will be putting in user information like your name, username, and password. The password will be your key to logging into your new installation as well as installing new software, updating your system, and more, so keep it written down somewhere!