- Close Latte
- In folder ~/.cache/lattedock/qmlcache/ remove everything
- Start Latte again
Use the following guidelines:
- Install ddd
- In ddd window write and execute,
- When it crashes, click from the menu,
- This will show you a window with numbered lines that could be helpful for us...
If the crash is from QML you should try the following:
- Run command:
env QV4_FORCE_INTERPRETER=1 latte-dock -d
- If the above does not provide enough info you could try:
env QV4_FORCE_INTERPRETER=1 ddd --debugger /bin/gdb latte-dockthat should provide more information if the debug packages are installed
If nothing from the above succeeds you could try to check if the crash is related to specific plasmoid:
- Use Latte only with default Layout (does it crash?)
- If it doesnt crash start adding one by one your plasmoids to check their behavior and if they crash Latte...
If anyone knows that during the day Latte will crash, he can use the previous suggestions to give us a meaningful backtrace... For 95% of the cases that backtrace can help us identify if the crash is in our side...