- 1 Q: How to make Telegram indicators work with Latte?
- 2 Q: How can I use a plasma taskmanager instead of the one provided by Latte?
- 3 Q: How to add a "History" applet to Latte-dock ?
- 4 Q: I've moved Latte-Dock on the left screen side, but when I move the cursor it stays hidden. How can I fix it?
- 5 Q: How to provide uniformity for active applets (same active line) across all my docks with Latte 0.7?
- 6 Q: How can I activate the **Internal Tasks Separator**?
- 7 Q: Can I change the Previews delay in Latte taskmanager?
- 8 Q: Can I disable **Unified Global Shortcuts** feature introduced with v0.8?
- 9 Q: Can I have different BorderlessMaximized windows option between different layouts?
Q: How to make Telegram indicators work with Latte?
A: you need the **libunity9** package installed and in Telegram desktop file at the command section: `env XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=unity`
_e.g._ `env XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=unity /home/john/bin/Telegram/Telegram -- %u`
Q: How can I use a plasma taskmanager instead of the one provided by Latte?
A: You can follow the steps below:
- Disable from `Tweaks` page the `Automatic applet shrinking when it is needed`
- Remove the `Latte Tasks` plasmoid from `Tweaks` page
- Enable the `Justify alignment`
- Set `zoom to 0%` from `Appearance` page _(this is optional, Latte blocks automatically applets that use fillWidth/Height)_
- `Drag n' drop any plasma taskmanager` you want onto Latte dock
Q: How to add a "History" applet to Latte-dock ?
- Create a folder - drag it to the latte-dock as folder view - click with the right mouse button on the new applet - click on folder view setting - edit the `"specify a folder field"` with `"recentdocuments://"`
A: This is a known issue and the procedure is explained here [#676](https://github.com/psifidotos/Latte-Dock/issues/676)
Q: How to provide uniformity for active applets (same active line) across all my docks with Latte 0.7?
A: Plasma uses the `tabbar.svg` file in order to provide how an active applet would look like. This file is located at your `theme directory/widgets/tabbar.svg`. So if the user wants to use the same line (color and thickness) found at Latte Tasks plasmoid to its applets also and the same time not messing with some lines shown at top and some at the bottom he can try the following:
- Go to `theme directory/widgets/` and rename `tabbar.svg` to `tabbar.svg.old`
- execute at command line `kbuildsycoca5 --noincremental` to update your cache
- restart Latte
- go to `Tweaks -> Active Applet Indicator -> Everywhere`
this way you will be able to have the same active line for all your applets and tasks and one which is animated also ;)
<img src="https://thumbs.gfycat.com/LeftGiganticDaddylonglegs-size_restricted.gif" width="650">
Q: How can I activate the **Internal Tasks Separator**?
- activate [Edit Mode](https://github.com/psifidotos/Latte-Dock/wiki/F.A.Q.#q-how-can-i-enable-edit-mode-in-latte)
- right click on _Tasks Plasmoid_ to show its context menu
- activate the _**Internal Separator**_ through the context menu
<img src="https://i.imgur.com/FSWWzt1.png" width="650">
Q: Can I change the Previews delay in Latte taskmanager?
A: You will need to alter your layout text file
- Close Latte
- Open your layout text file from `~/.config/latte`
- Try to locate your Latte plasmoid settings. Fast way to do this, search for `isInLatteDock=true` text
- the following text sets previews delay to 150ms. Take note that this is the lowest value that can be set and work correctly.
- Open Latte
[Containments][Applets][Configuration][General] isInLatteDock=true previewsDelay=150
Q: Can I disable **Unified Global Shortcuts** feature introduced with v0.8?
A: If you want Latte to trigger activation/new instance global shortcuts only for Latte plasmoid this is possible from v0.8.1 by disabling parameter `unifiedGlobalShortcuts` at file `~/.config/lattedockrc`
[UniversalSettings] ... unifiedGlobalShortcuts=false ...
Q: Can I have different BorderlessMaximized windows option between different layouts?
A: Yes, this is possible. First enable this functionality at Latte preferences
2. Enable/Disable afterwards this functionality per layout at Latte Layout Settings.