|Marble is powerful virtual globe and world map.|
It is part of the KDE Education Project.
- You can pan and zoom around and you can look up places and roads
- A mouse click on a place label will provide the respective Wikipedia article
- You can measure distances between locations
- It offers different thematic maps: A classroom-style topographic map, a satellite view, street map, earth at night and temperature and precipitation maps. All maps include a custom map key, so it can also be used as an educational tool for use in class-rooms
- For educational purposes you can also change date and time and watch how the starry sky and the twilight zone on the map change
- Supports multiple projections: Choose between a Flat Map ("Plate carré"), Mercator or the Globe
- Promotes the usage of free maps
This page was last edited on 20 April 2019, at 14:40. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.