Panels in Plasma Desktop
Panel is a widget container which is located in any side of the desktop. There can be multiple panels in one side. Default is one full sized panel in the bottom with widgets like application menu, task manager (list of open windows), system tray and clock.
To configure panel widgets must be unlocked. This can be done by second clicking the panel and selecting Unlock Widgets. The panel can then be configured by clicking on the toolbox located on the right for horizontal or bottom for vertical panel. It puts the panel into configuration mode.
Widgets in panel can be sorted by dragging when in configuration mode. Widget align left in horizontal and top in vertical panel
- Screen Edge: Allows you to drag the panel to any of the four edges of the screen.
- Height (for horizontal panel): Allows the panel height to be adjusted.
- Width (for vertical panel): Allows the panel width to be adjusted.
- Add Widgets: Allows widgets to be added to the panel.
- Add Spacer: Allows you to add a spacer into the panel giving space between the items in it.
- Lock Widgets: Locks the panel and widgets in position. Also hides the toolbox.
- Panel Alignment: Allows the alignment of the panel to be set in three pre-set positions.
- Always Visible: Keeps the panel visible at all times, even when windows are maximised.
- Auto Hide: Hides the panel off screen until the mouse is placed near the screen edge.
- Windows can cover: This allows windows to cover the panel and if maximised, will cover the panel.
- Windows go below: This allows windows to go below the panel, even when maximised.
- Maximize Panel: Makes the panel fit to the screen edges, if it has been resized.
- Remove this panel: Removes the current panel and all widgets in it.