|The fast, simple, WebKit-based browser|
Looks very different from Konqueror? Yes, it does, and that is going to please a lot of people. So what is different?
- It's a new application, not built on legacy code
- It uses QtWebKit, giving access to a whole new set of features and tools, which will allow further development.
- It's simple: no menubar, only one menu with the most important actions
Let's look at its features – does it have the ones you loved in Konqueror? Well, it's still early days, but so far it can boast
- A clean, uncluttered look
- Has only one bar for searches and urls
- Support for kde web shortcuts
- Tabbed and multi-window browsing
- Shares your Konqueror bookmarks
- Shares your Konqueror cookies
- Renders many pages that Konqueror struggles with
- Can navigate in a proxied network
- Has a private browsing mode
- Can inspect web pages.
- Has a homepage with previews of your preferred sites
Click on any of these for an enlarged screenshot:
Take a quick tour with this mini-overview, then sit back and enjoy the experience. (This is a pretty outdated overview, since it shows version 0.0.4, while rekonq the current version is 0.4)