Skrooge te permite acompanhar suas despesas e receitas, categorizá-las, e construir relatórios delas. Skrooge faz parte do KDE Extragear, módulo 'Escritório
What a strange name!
Yes, it is It has been inspired by Dickens' A Christmas Carol tale, where an grumpy old man, named Ebenezer Scrooge, turns good after receiving the visit of three ghosts on Christmas night.
Some people may also see the reference to Walt Disney's famous character, Scrooge Mc Duck, which was also inspired by the aforementioned book.
What can I do with Skrooge?
- Keep track of your incomes and expenses
- See how you spend your money
- Manage your investments and see how they perform over time
- Manage several accounts
- Graphical reports
- Several tabs to help you organize your work
- Infinite undo/redo (even after the file was closed!)
- Instant filtering on operations and reports
- Infinite categories levels
- Mass update of operations
- Scheduled operations
- Track refund of your expenses
- Powerful Search and Process functions
The recommended way is to install Skrooge using your distribution's package management tool.
However, Skrooge being a quite young application, it is possible that it is not yet available in repositories. You should of course bug the distro's packagers to include it, but in the mean time you can compile and install Skrooge yourself, it is not that difficult.
Ubuntu's policy is not to propose the latest software versions, but rather to focus on stability. For that reason, it is possible that the Skrooge version available in official repositories is several versions behind the latest stable from developers.
To install the last version on Ubuntu, you need to add the following lines in your /etc/apt/sources.list:
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/s-mankowski/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/s-mankowski/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/s-mankowski/ppa/ubuntu karmic main deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/s-mankowski/ppa/ubuntu karmic main
- Open a terminal and enter:
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 796FFDFC
- Finally, tell Ubuntu to re-load the details of each software archive it knows about:
sudo apt-get update
- Install Skrooge:
sudo apt-get install skrooge
Importing existing data
If you are a user of other personal finances managers, you may import your existing data from these, using one of the following formats :
Discussion was also started with the KMyMoney team for a more efficient way to exchange files between these two KDE applications.