Before you Start
First Things First
- You must be a registered user to contribute. The Quick Start page tells you how to register and log in.
- Be aware that your contribution will be governed by the licenses Gnu Free Document Licence and Creative Commons. Click on the images in the Navigation Panel to read the details.
- Use the Talk page to communicate with other contributors or get help.
It should relate to KDE software. We define it like this:
- For New Users - helping to get started
- For Regular Users - learning about changes
- For Advanced Users - but use sub-pages for this.
- For Developers - Techbase is the place for that
Ways to Contribute
- Update an image, replacing an outdated image with a newer one.
- Modify existing content, fix a spelling, clarify a description, add more details.
- Create a new page, showcase an application, introduce a new concept.
- Write a manual. You need to know an application quite well, and probably to be in contact with the author. We can help you.
- Preparing a page for translation needs more patience than skill. If you can spare short periods of time, frequently, this is a very helpful task.
- Translate a page. You need to be fluent in a language, but not a professional translator to translate a wiki page. Translating manuals is the skill of a special team.
Hints and Tips
Some Preferences that will help -
- If you don't have  links against the sections, open your User Preferences (Personal Tools in the sidebar) then look for Editing and set Enable section editing via  links
- While you are in those settings, enable Show preview on first edit - while you are editing you can glance at the original display for reference
- The default display is to show the preview first, with the edit box below. If you prefer the edit box at the top you can change that setting in the same place
Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.