Thread history

Fragment of a discussion from User talk:AmirHP
Viewing a history listing
Jump to: navigation, search
Time User Activity Comment
No results

when I write Farsi, statement should start right side (unlike English) but it's start left side and when Farsi words mixture English words it's very terrible if this problem doesn't fix I can't continue because writs are illegible

10:37, 21 July 2011

I wasn't aware of this problem, but now you have alerted us, we are trying to find a solution. We'll report back on this page when we either have a solution or the bad news. Sorry about this.

19:13, 21 July 2011

We have been advised to add div statements at the beginning and end of the page, which we have done on An_introduction_to_KDE farsi page. Could you please re-enter that text to see whether it now displays correctly?

19:25, 21 July 2011

I think we have found a solution for you. Have a look at An introduction to KDE/fa. We added a <div dir="rtl"> tag at the beginning of the second translation unit and at the end of the last unit.

One thing to note: Most pages have a translatable page title in the first unit. There are still some older pages, that do not (yet) have this. With those pages, the beginning tag should be in the first unit. I hope it will be clear from context, when the first unit is a page title (page titles are never surrounded by =-signs).

Btw. the tags look different in the editor (at least in my browser). I guess you are used to such things, but in case this is not normal behaviour but a quirk of our wiki software, I found it easiest to copy the tag from somewhere else and paste it in.

20:15, 21 July 2011

yes. this is better than before but I haven't permit to add this in any page.

05:30, 22 July 2011
 

it's good but I haven't permit to add this code to any page.

05:34, 22 July 2011

You add this the same way you write your translations. Above the language bar is a link: translated version (if you have set the language to farsi, this link will also be translated). Click the link to get to the Translate page, then click the relevant unit and add the text.

06:41, 22 July 2011
 
 
 
 

Note that this will be fixed after upgrading to MediaWiki 1.18 and upgrading the Translate extension to trunk. Adding <div dir="rtl"> tags will no longer be necessary.

01:36, 14 August 2011