- Find an image that needs to be updated
- Click on the image and it should take you to the File page for that image (the first tab at the top should be File)
- If clicking on the image doesn't work or takes you to another page, see Find the File Page
- Under , click on
- Click on the button (sometimes shown as an icon) to the right of the Source filename box
- Browse to and select the new image on your computer and click on
- Write a short summary of the changes in File changes box
- Click on
Find the File Page
Sometimes an image links to a different place than the File page. In these cases you need to look for the File page name in the wiki text.
- On the page with the image, click on the icon or tab (depends on the theme chosen) at the top
- Find the wiki markup for the image, it should look something like
[[File:Kde.png|link=Special:myLanguage/An introduction to KDE]]
- Find the File page name in the beginning of the markup, i.e. the text between [[ and | (in the example above File:Kde.png)
- Enter http://userbase.kde.org/File_page_name in the web browser's location bar, for example http://userbase.kde.org/File:Kde.png
Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.