User:Claus chr/FuzzyBot Problems
Problems with FuzzyBot handling of translations
Marked for translation but not appearing in Special:LanguageStats
Note: There are probably many more pages with this problem
- Pages where the date of marking for translation is not known
- Plasma/Tasks - has been updated after translations were added, but has problems*
- 7/4 2020:
- 16/4 2020:
Pages recently marked for translations again
- 8/5 2020: Kdenlive/Manual/QuickStart - marked again 9/5
- 9/5 2020: Dolphin - marked again 13/5, 15/5, 16/5 - has since been updated (*)
- 13/5 2020: Dolphin/File Management- marked again 15/5 - has since been updated (*)
- 16/5 2020: Tutorials
- 29/5 2020: Jargon File- marked again 1/6, 3/6
- 3/6 2020: Kronometer
- 17/6 2020: Tutorials - has since been updated (5/7 -20) (*)
- 1/7 2020: IRC Channels
- 4/7 2020: Applications/Science
- 6/7 2020: QCA
- 10/7 2020: Amarok
- 10/7 2020: Akonadi/Postgres update
- 10/7 2020: Tasks and Tools
New pages marked for translation
- 25/6 2020: KDE_System_Administration- has since been updated (5/7 -20)
- 25/6 2020: Build_your_first_KDE_application_on_Kubuntu- has since been updated (5/7 -20)
Problems with some pages
As of june 2020, some pages have been incorrectly handled by the translation system. They are marked by an * in the list above. Note: Not all pages have been checked for this problem!
The problem is this: There are units, which have previously been translated and which do not show up in the list of outdated units. Also, they are not flagged in the list of all units. However, when these units are opened, a message appears saying that the unit may need to be updated. In some cases this is clearly not the case - nothing has changed in the English text; but in some cases significant changes have been made to the unit, and it should have been listed in outdated units.
To make things worse, when you click Show differences in the message, the original text of the entire page is shown rather than just the text of the actual unit, which means that the only way to determine whether such a unit has changed is to compare the English text with the existing translation.
Note: This should only affect those languages that had translations of a page prior to its being marked for translation again.