Plasma 4 to 5 transition
2015-10-15 Plasma 5.4.2
- TODO: how to get Plasma's version other than plasmashell --version?
- e.g. Plasma menu > About...
- COOL: Alt+Tab shows clutterfree and fast a menu on the left side of the screen
- see codestruct
- New and interesting: icon colors: .cpp files are green, .h files are red etc. It would be nice though if executable files were not also green (like .cpp files) but different so that can be distinguished between .cpp and .h files.
Things I noticed from a user's perspective when updating from Plasma 4 to 5 using openSUSE 13.2 packages.
- A fresher look (font, spacing, colors, icon themes), great work!
- NOTE: When switching back to Plasma 4, the new icon theme was kept
- BUG: Some icons I used for custom scripts are not working, e.g.: image-zoom-in, image-zoom-out
- A "Script File" item configured in Autostarts KCM was not migrated. --> FIXED with Plasma 5.4
- Show Desktop plasmoid is missing.
- Thunderbird tray icon does not work.
- New icon of the Trash plasmoid looks strange (can be confused with former root folder icon, trash symbol hard to recognize)
- New startmenu: Homerun kicker: Favourites have icons only and no text
- Device Notifier: green check mark icon on the right side looks like "ready to use" and not "ready to plug out". Maybe there could be some explaining text except for in the tooltips. Plus: there are icons and tooltips on the left and on the right of a device item (todo: screenshot)
Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.