I am the master of disaster.
Ideas/Criticism on this wiki
- file uploads on this wiki must be possible, or at least image embedding
- let us not make tons of translations
- after reading http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Short_URL, how did you accomplish the short URL and is this sustainable?
- I would like to have boxes around
as on http://www.staerk.de/thorsten/index.php/C_Programming_Tutorial#First_program
- the pre-tagged text should be able to expand to a higher width than the KDE logo graphic
- pre-tagged content should scale, but does not as this example shows:
on a large-enough screen you should be able to see this line without scrolling, but you are not.
controlling a cluster
You have a cluster of 16 servers and want to send commands to all servers at once? Not a problem with KDE 3.5. Use konsole and open 16 tabs, log in to each server on a special tab. Use one tab to send input to all tabs (right-click onto the tab -> send input to all sessions).
Problems I found:
- sometimes you forget that you are sending the input to all servers, this can lead to unpredictable behavior :(
- sometimes you change tabs and forget you have done this :(
- it is tedious to open 16 tabs and log in on every one to a dedicated server
- automated login via dcop does not work with KDE 4
- the "tab" key on your keyboard for auto-completion may display different results on different servers
- the cursor keys on your keyboard for command-repetition may display different results on different servers
- forgetting to end the "send input to all sessions" mode may lead to unpredictable behavior
- the commands may need different time to return on different hosts (especially downloading; if 16 servers download at the same time, the network delivers unpredictable response times)
- you will not see if the sessions answer differently (e.g. error on only one server)
- I have 3 soundcards at the moment: my webcam, my headset and my "normal" soundcard. How can I tell kmix to use one specifc?
Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.