The whole of your data at your fingertips
Kerry is a front-end for Beagle, the search tool that indexes all your data, making the data inside documents as easy to find as file names.
- You decide which directories you want indexed
- Indexing can be done in the background
- After initial indexing, it is almost unnoticeable
- Indexing can be paused while cpu-intensive tasks need the resources
- Searching is case-insensitive
- OR can be used for option searches
- Phrases can be used, within quotes, e.g. "There be dragons"
- Words or phrases can be excluded by using a minus, e.g. -cats
- You can search by extension, using, for instance, ext:jpg
Visit the project's home page for more information.
The screenshot gallery gives a useful overview.
This page was last modified on 26 May 2012, at 14:50. This page has been accessed 6,585 times. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 3.0 and the GNU Free Documentation License 1.2.