||Juk is audio jukebox.
JuK 3 is part of the KDE 4 Multimedia package. Features include
- Collection list and multiple user defined playlists
- Ability to scan directories to automatically import playlists and music files on start up
- Dynamic Search Playlists that are automatically updated as fields in the collection change.
- A Tree View mode where playlists are automatically generated for sets of albums, artists and genres.
- Playlist history to indicate which files have been played and when.
- Inline search for filtering the list of visible items.
- The ability to guess tag information from the file name or using MusicBrainz online lookup.
- File renamer that can rename files based on the tag content.
- ID3v1, ID3v2 and Ogg Vorbis tag reading and editing support (via TagLib).
JuK 2.2 is part of the KDE 3.4 KDE Multimedia package. JuK packages are distributed with almost all current Linux and many Unix distributions.
- An easy to use, playlist and metadata focused interface with several playlist types:
- Collection List where the entire database of music is shown and automatically updated based on folders the user has indicated contain their music collection
- Search Playlists that allow for powerful combinations of search criteria to produce dynamically updated playlists
- Dynamic Lists which are produced by using multiple selection in the playlist selector and are a union of two or more playlists
- Folder Playlists which represent a single folder in the file system and are updated automatically based on its contents
- History Playlist which stores a history of the what the user has played
- Play Queue, an enhancement of the popular Play Next funtionality of previous versions that enables a manegable upcoming queue of items to be played
- Player and tag editor for several audio formats:
- MP3 (MPEG Layer 3 Audio)
- Ogg Vorbis
- FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec)
- MPC (MusePack)
- Multiple audio output backends:
- aRts (Default)
- GStreamer 0.8
- Inline search for quick filtering of the currently visible items
- MusicBrainz integration for file identification on over the Internet
- File renamer that renames files based on the tag content
- A powerful tag editor that works seemlessly with all supported music formats
- CD burning support via the popular K3b tool
- Visually attractive, but unobtrusive track announcements
- A Now Playing heads-up style title bar featuring the album cover, links to show more from the playing artist or album and a brief history of previously played items
- Cover art management via Google Image Search
- Random play including Album Random Play for randomly playing complete albums
This page was last modified on 8 August 2012, at 11:24. This page has been accessed 9,907 times. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 3.0 and the GNU Free Documentation License 1.2.