Working with form design
As with table or query design, you are able to use Data View and Design View. Form designing is performed in Design View. We will often refer to the form design window as to Form Designer.
- To create a new empty form, select from the toolbar. Optionally, you can use the command from drop-down button on the Project Navigator's toolbar or command from the context menu of the Project Navigator.
- A new frame will appear, you can resize the form by moving the borders. The form is covered with a grid which simplifies accurate positioning of the widgets.
As with table design, Form Designer provides a Property Editor pane. To save some space on the screen, the pane has three tabs related to the currently selected form:
- The Properties tab
- Contains a list of properties for the currently selected widget.
- The Data source tab
- Contains properties related specifically to the data source of the currently selected widget or the form itself.
- The Widgets tab
- Contains a hierarchy of all widgets of the form. The list simplifies widgets lookup by name and navigation between them.
There is information about currently selected widget's name and type displayed on the first and second tab.
Additional toolbars are also available:
- The Widgets toolbar used for inserting new widgets into the form. Select the to display it.
This page was last modified on 18 April 2012, at 20:17. This page has been accessed 1,202 times. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 3.0 and the GNU Free Documentation License 1.2.