||Smb4K is an advanced network neighborhood browser for KDE and a frontend to the programs of the Samba software suite.
The purpose of Smb4K is to provide a program that's easy to use and has as many features as possible.
- Scanning for (active) workgroups, hosts, and shares
- Support of the CIFS (Linux) and SMBFS (FreeBSD) file system
- Mounting and unmounting of remote shares, including unmounting all shares at once
- Access to the files of a mounted share using a file manager or terminal
- Auto-detection of external mounts and unmounts
- Remounting of recently used shares on program start
- Miscellaneous infos about the mounted shares
- Several methods to look up the initial list of workgroups and domains
- Ability to execute mount and umount SUID root (using sudo)
- Special handling of homes shares
- Ability to bookmark favorite shares
- Support of advanced Samba options
- Support of printer shares
- Synchronization of a remote share with a local copy and vice versa
- Ability to define custom options for individual servers and shares
Hints, Tips and Troubleshooting
See the Smb4K Website
and the Smb4K handbook (part of Smb4K package, not on docs.kde.org because version 0.11 has not been released yet).
This page was last modified on 29 June 2011, at 14:40. This page has been accessed 3,196 times. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 3.0 and the GNU Free Documentation License 1.2.