Home » Applications » Education » KLettres
|KLettres aims to help to learn the alphabet and then to read some syllables in different languages.|
It is part of the KDE Education Project.
It is meant to help learning the very first sounds of a new language, for children or for adults.
Choose the language using themenu. Currently available are:
|Italian||Kannada||Hindi Romanized||Low Saxon|
A toolbar with the special characters per language is provided if you don't have the correct country keyboard or the keyboard layout to be able to display correctly the accented letters.
- Four levels:
- Level 1: the letter is displayed and the user hears it.
- Level 2: the letter is not displayed, the user only hears it.
- Level 3: the syllable is displayed and the user hears it.
- Level 4: the syllable is not displayed, the user only hears it.
- Two modes by age: kid and grown-up.
- Time between typing the letters configurable. That helps younger children who are less experienced in typing.
- Toolbar with special characters which are not on your keyboard.
- Sixteen languages available at the moment. The program will detect which languages are present and enable them.
- Distribution of additional languages via the Get New Stuff dialog (3 clicks and your data will be installed).
- Three Different themes included. The themes are scalable to almost every size.
Themenu allows you the usual KDE settings. You can also change the font that displays the letter/syllable as in some distributions, the default big font is quite ugly! Furthermore, languages as Czech or Slovak might need a font as Arial for example to display the accented characters properly.
If you want to contribute for your own language, please have a look here. Thank you in advance!
This page was last edited on 2 October 2018, at 12:24. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.