- Project profile vs. Render profile: What is the difference, how to choose correctly?
Project and File management
- The Project Bin
- Project File Details
As already pointed out in the Quickstart, we suggest using a different project folder for each project. Kdenlive will generate the following folders for caching in the project folder:
- thumbs/ for thumbnails to all used clips
- titles/ default location for the titles saved outside the project file
These directories can be deleted if not required anymore (for example for saving space on the harddrive). Kdenlive will create them again when you load the project the next time.
|The titles/ directory is the default directory for saved .kdenlivetitle title files. Make sure that you did not save any important files in there before deleting it.|
Source clips can be located anywhere. Still, here are some thoughts about their location:
- Material (images, clips, audio) that is used for one project only can be put into a subdirectory of the project folder as well. This keeps all important files together, and searching for the files takes less time.
- Material that is used by multiple projects is convenient when kept together. I’ve got a video collection the same way that I have a photo collection.
This page was last modified on 29 April 2019, at 21:49. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.