Creating a screencast is easy - all you need is a steady hand and a lot of patience. If you want to help out with Plasma screencasts, here are some guidelines:
- Use a resolution of 640×480 to produce GIF files with the same dimensions as the original screencasts.
- Make your desktop look like the ones in the other screencasts. This includes panel height, widgets, desktop style, icons in the system tray and wallpaper.
Hint: Most are default settings.
- No unnecessary mouse movements. In the beginning and at the end the mouse pointer should be completely still for about 1 second.
- Smooth mouse movements, not too fast. When clicking it's sometimes nice to hold down the button a little bit longer than usual before releasing.
- Use left click when possible.
- Redo until you're 99.9 % satisfied.
- Follow the name convention: Plasma_howto-[section]-[item].png. See the name of the other screencasts.
For information about how to record the screencasts and some tips, see Record screencasts to animated GIF files.
Suggestions for new HowTos
Animations that should be redone
Don't forget to state why it needs to be redone!