- When taking screenshots of single a application/window, use a white background and include a margin (around 20 pixels) of the white wallpaper (this is to ensure that window shadows don't look cropped)
- Set the language to English unless it's a localized screenshot
- Save as PNG image
- Preferably, use the default settings (icons, color scheme, style, window decoration, application settings etc.)
- Preferably, use compositing (see Desktop Effects module in System Settings)
- Preferably, use Liberation Sans, 9pt as font
Hints and Tips
Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.