Wiki Team Page/Problems
- fuzzybot is slow or misses some updates completely?
- When the site was updated a lot of pages that had been updated and marked for translation in recent years but had never shown up in the translation system suddenly showed up in the list of translatable pages needing updating.
- Recently some pages were updated and marked for translation but have not shown up in the translation system 3 days later! Does the old problem persist?
- e.g. Kdenlive/Manual was updated and marked for translation on July 20. The Danish translation has not been updated as of July 23. but the page reports it is 100% complete. As of July 25. the pages seems to have been processed.
- The glitch discussed in the last messages of this thread.
- Special:WhatLinksHere is not reliable - maybe this is due to poor (or no) integration with the translation system? It may report that no page links to a page even though in fact there are pages linking to it. We should probably remove the tool from the panel, as it does more harm than good in its present state. Can we find a replacement? (User:Claus_chr/Search#Search internal links does the trick but is a bit awkward to use.)
Result of using Special:WhatLinksHere on the page What is KDE. Note that the page Welcome to KDE UserBase should be in the list but isn't.
- Searching for users: The search box at the top of our pages is not very helpful - it returns hits to all translated pages. Can it be replaced by a search box that respects the user language?
- Searching for contributors: A lot of special-purpose search options can be found on User:Claus_chr/Search. However, these searches use DPL - an outdated extension. Should we update our search framework?
Icon template: seems to align to the top of the line rather than to the middle causing images to extend too much below the line (see Toolbox#Inserting_GUI_Icons for examples). Also compare to entered as [[File:Icon-list-add.png]]. Links to pages that have not been written yet used to be red - seems to be blue now as in This page does not exist- done 25.07.2019 The Smiley template appears way too big inside a Warning template (see Create a Page at the bottom).- done 25.07.2018
- Numbered lists: Sometimes some of the numbers are not shown. See for example Kdenlive/Manual under Effects. This looks like a Firefox bug :( tested with Firefox, Firefox Nightly and Chromium and only Chromium didn't have this issue.
Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.