Calligra Author helps you develop your eBook document from concept to completion
Why "Author", when we already have "Words"?
Words is a multi-purpose writing tool, but authors tell us that writing a novel or textbooks needs some specialised tools. Calligra Author is designed to meet those specialised needs.
Calligra Author is the one-stop tool for creating ebooks. It supports the user in all the phases of writing: planning, writing, review and publishing. Calligra Author is especially aimed at novelists and textbook writers.
- The planned outliner is in early stages, not yet ready for release. A big feature, so it may take a little time to complete. It is hoped that it will be completed for version 2.9 (2.10 at the latest).
- The next release, 2.8, is expected to include a Navigation docker, making all headings and bookmarks easy to navigate/
- Word-count in the status bar - check vital statistics without the need to open a docker.
- Distraction free mode - everything unnecessary is removed - a clean screen helps concentration.
- Annotations (Notes) - you can select passages and add annotations. Editors and reviewers can add comments to the annotations.
- Export to DOCX format is available.
Export concentrates on EPUB2, the standard used in many publishing houses, and MOBI, the format used for Amazon Kindle devices.
Planned developments include:
- Export to EPUB3 (already progressing)
- A navigation docker
- A range of section separators
- Wiki export and import
- Import of styles from an existing document.
To learn more of these plans, read [Calligra Author - The Next Step]