||An Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for MS Windows, Mac OS X and Linux
History (inspired by Wikipedia)
The KDevelop project started in 1998 at the University of Potsdam (Germany). The first released 0.1 was released the same year.
KDevelop has experienced several rewrites. The first time was with version 3.x by Bernd Gehrmann in 2001 and the second time was with version 4.x with a more object-oriented architecture in 2009.
The development of KDevelop 5 started in August 2014 as a port of the KDevelop 4 codebase for qt5 and kf5. The custom c++ parser was abandoned in favor of clang and the CMake interpreter was also replaced in favor of using the JSON metadata given by CMake. KDevelop 5 was released in August 2016.
- Support multiple version control systems Git, Bazaar, Subversion, CVS, Mercurial (hg), Perforce
- Support multiple build system CMake, QMake, Makefile, Meson, ...
- Quick Code Navigation (Jump to declaration/definition)
- Code comprehension (Syntax highlighting, semantic code completion)
- Documentation integration
- ↑ KDevelop 0.1 announcement
- ↑ A new IDE for a new millennium :-) by Bernd Gehrmann
- ↑ KDevelop4 moved
- ↑ KDevelop master now depends on KDE Frameworks 5!
- ↑ KDevelop 5.0.0 release
- ↑ KDevelop feature
- ↑ Meson support bug report
This page was last modified on 11 March 2019, at 22:24. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.