Kexi/Handbook/References/Supported File Formats/Comma-separated Values Format
Comma-separated Values Format (CSV)
Kexi is capable of importing and exporting data from/to a variety of Comma-separated values formats (CSV files). Most spreadsheet and database applications can import and export in this format, making this an appropriate format to migrate textual data between different applications.
Kexi also supports a number of options that can be configured before performing import:
- data type for each column,
- other field delimiters such as tabs,
- different text quotes,
- given number of records can be skipped if needed,
- duplicated delimiters can be skipped,
- values from the first row can be used to set column names,
- text encoding (UTF-8 is the default),
- date format (defined by the operating system is the default),
- stripping leading and trailing blanks off of the text values.
On importing Kexi shows preview of imported data. Most suitable set of options is auto-detected by Kexi based on provided CSV file.
This page was last edited on 27 August 2014, at 21:52. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.