This page is a translated version
of the page Marble
and the translation is 100% complete.
Home » Applications » Education » en
For a short introduction into Marble you might want to have a look at the
slides of our presentation about Marble at Akademy / GCDS 2009.
There's also a YouTube-video of the first 10 minutes available. The full video can be downloaded here.
- You can pan and zoom around and you can look up places and roads
- A mouse click on a place label will provide the respective Wikipedia article
- You can measure distances between locations
- It offers different thematic maps: A classroom-style topographic map, a satellite view, street map, earth at night and temperature and precipitation maps. All maps include a custom map key, so it can also be used as an educational tool for use in class-rooms
- For educational purposes you can also change date and time and watch how the starry sky and the twilight zone on the map change
- Supports multiple projections: Choose between a Flat Map ("Plate carré"), Mercator or the Globe
- Promotes the usage of free maps
Streetmap of Linköping in Sweden
This page was last modified on 9 July 2014, at 15:43. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.