The wizard pattern is useful for guiding the user step by step through a process of either gathering information or basic configuration of an application.
- Provide a clear and easily understandable description of each step. Follow the wording guidelines.
- In addition to Next/Previous buttons, Include a list of steps that allow the user to track the current progress.
- The list should clearly identify the steps that have been completed and the steps that have not.
- Where possible, the user should be allowed to jump back to previous steps by selecting the step from the list.
- Where possible, the user should be allowed to quit the wizard at any time without adverse impacts.
- On the last step, provide a clear summary of the task accomplished by the wizard and a Finish button to make it clear to the user that this is the last step.
This page was last modified on 27 July 2014, at 16:36. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.