This page is a translated version
of the page Smb4K
and the translation is 100% complete.
||Smb4K is an advanced network neighborhood browser for KDE and a frontend to the programs of the Samba software suite.
The purpose of Smb4K is to provide a program that's easy to use and has as many features as possible.
- Scanning for (active) workgroups, hosts, and shares
- Support of the CIFS (Linux) and SMBFS (FreeBSD) file system
- Mounting and unmounting of remote shares, including unmounting all shares at once
- Access to the files of a mounted share using a file manager or terminal
- Auto-detection of external mounts and unmounts
- Remounting of recently used shares on program start
- Miscellaneous infos about the mounted shares
- Several methods to look up the initial list of workgroups and domains
- Ability to execute mount and umount SUID root (using sudo)
- Special handling of homes shares
- Ability to bookmark favorite shares
- Support of advanced Samba options
- Support of printer shares
- Synchronization of a remote share with a local copy and vice versa
- Ability to define custom options for individual servers and shares
Hints, Tips and Troubleshooting
See the Smb4K Website
and the Smb4K handbook.
This page was last modified on 4 March 2014, at 18:15. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.