|KUser is a tool for managing users and groups on your system
- Add/Edit/Remove users
- Add/Edit/Remove groups
- Password Management
KUser usually is not installed by default, so it has to be installed manually. KUser is part of the kdeadmin-package.
Once installed you can find it under Alt+F2) typing( if you use the classic menu style) , or start it with KRunner (
After starting KUser a window opens containing two tabs:and .
Double-clicking a user opens a dialog with several tabs. The amount of tabs is variable, depending on the type of the user storage system and whether quotas are being used.
- Modify the user-properties like , , or set/change a for example. You can also .
- Change password settings, like the time after which a password has to be changed, or set a time at which an account will expire.
- Add or remove groups the user belongs to.
Double clicking aopens a dialog, where you can of the group and to/from a group.
Clickand you can set up defaults for creating a new user:
- set the , the or the .
- choose if a will be created and if a (standard configuration files) will be copied to the home folder.
- set a , which creates a own personal group when a user is added and removes it, when the user is removed.
- set a .
- set default paths for password, group file, password shadow file and group shadow file.
- set preferences for users in a local network