Be aware that beta testing is potentially dangerous to your installation. Don't install beta versions on production systems. If you are aware of the risks and that's ok for you: Keep on. Your help is appreciated. Nevertheless, especially for beta versions goes: This software comes with no warranty at all!
- Before starting beta testing it's a good idea to make a backup of your configuration, stored in
~/.config/konversationrcand your application data, stored in
- If you found a bug or have a feature request, let us know by filing it in the KDE Bug Tracker.
- Or get in touch with us on IRC or the mailing list.
- CMake 2.8.12 or higher.
- Qt v5.5.0 or higher.
- KDE Frameworks v5.25.0 or higher.
- Phonon4Qt5 v4.6.60 or higher.
- Optional: Qt Cryptographic Architecture (QCA) v2.1.0 or higher for encryption support (Blowfish).
- Optional: A QCA provider plugin providing Diffie-Hellman key exchange and Blowfish ECB/CBC support for the encryption features; usually that plugin is qca-ossl.
- Optional: An installation of KDE's Konsole terminal emulator to provide the KPart component used by the console tabs feature.
- Optional: Python and Perl interpreters as well the bash shell for bundled scripts.
Manual checkout and update
KDE Frameworks v5 version (Konversation v1.6.x and higher)
To install the latest Konversation development code from Git you first need to clone the repository. For read-only public access, use the following:
git clone git://anongit.kde.org/konversation
If on the other hand you have a KDE developer account, use this instead to be able to push your changes to the repository later:
git clone [email protected]:konversation
After having cloned the repository, go on like this:
cd konversation mkdir build cd build cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debug -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=<desired install location> ../ make sudo make install
If you already did the above, just do the following whenever you want to update your checkout and installation:
cd konversation; git pull; cd build; make; sudo make install
See the links at the bottom of this page for more information on working with Git.
KDE Platform v4 version (Konversation v1.2.x - v1.5.x)
See the separate page.
KDE Platform v3 (Konversation v0.7.x - v1.1.x)
See the separate page.
- ArchLinux users can use the live PKGBUILD available on the ArchLinux page.
- Gentoo maintains a live ebuild for Konversation in the kde overlay.
This page was last edited on 30 March 2017, at 10:44. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.